07 May 2013

Chao

It feels a lot different leaving Uruguay is a lot different than it felt to leave England.  After England I had Uruguay to look forward to.  After this I have Abilene to look forward to.  Another thing is leaving England was okay because I felt like I'll probably go back someday.  I don't feel so certain about Uruguay.  I've loved living here in Uruguay and these 4 months have been incredible, but I feel like when I leave tomorrow morning it's going to be for good.  I could come back someday maybe, but I feel like it's more realistic that I return to England.  At the same time though, I feel like I have done Uruguay.  I've done a lot this semester in the country and in Montevideo so I'm content with leaving and don't feel like I have anything unfinished.  The only reason I would come back is to see the friends I've made here.

Tomorrow I board a plane and return to the States.  I'll be able to communicate with people how I want to.  That's a plus.  But it's just going to be weird.  I'm ready to go though.  A couple weeks ago I didn't feel like I'd be ready, but I am.  I had a great semester, made some great friends, and though I'll miss this experience and my friends I'm ready to be back.  This just has been such a big part of my life, it'll take some readjusting.

The friends I've made here have been incredible.  When I found out there were only going to be 7 of us I honestly thought that this semester could be rather bad.  I mean with having 27 (or whatever the number was last semester) you could escape from some people when you needed a break from them and you didn't spend all day, everyday, with the same 6 people.  When you have class with, eat with, live with, hang out with, travel with, etc... the same few people it can be a bit difficult.  But I wouldn't trade any one of these people here and I'm so glad I've gotten to know each one of them.  We were talking one day and if one of us weren't here it would really be a completely different experience. I absolutely love these people!  I have gotten to know them so well over these last few months and I will miss them terribly over the summer.  I can't wait to see them again in Abilene and we can hang out and talk about our adventures in South America.

My Spanish has improved a lot over this semester and I hope to continue improving it over the summer, especially since I'm taking Advanced Spanish Conversation next semester and I don't feel like I'm ready for that at all!!!

I guess I don't have too much more to say right now.  I've been warned about re-entry adjustment.  It's just going to be weird and I'm going to miss Uruguay and I miss England, but I'll be great to be back in the States.  Thursday morning I will be back in Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment